Many of the heart failure patients are primarily passive to the cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). With the intention to probably overcome this issue, BIOTRONIK has developed a MultiPole Pacing (MPP) technology. And recently, the company declared about the approval granted to its technology to be introduced in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration.
The MPP technology offers the physicians with the further treatment alternatives for heart failure patients who have been non-receptive to CRT. The patients can avail the MPP with the new BIOTRONIK CRT defibrillator (CRT-D) devices. This new technology tackles this problem by allowing the pacing of the left ventricle twice per cardiac cycle. Distinctively, these paces can be either simultaneous or sequential, facilitating higher treatment customization to fulfill certain needs of the patients. The BIOTRONIK CRT-D device consists of MPP and presents ProMRI® technology, offering patients with access to significant diagnostic imaging scans as required.
Apart from this, the system is also provided with MRI AutoDetect, a keen sensor that senses the environment of MRI, transforms the device of the patient to MRI mode, and then goes back automatically to its established program when the scan is done. BIOTRONIK, with the accessibility of MPP, now provides the most wide-ranging MR conditional CRT portfolio to assure physicians have an approach to the best feasible cardiac rhythm management solution.
The 360° CRT technologies of BIOTRONIK are developed to better provide physicians to fulfill the therapy requirements of heart failure patients. It includes:
- MultiPole Pacing – allows the pacing of left ventricle simultaneously or sequentially;
- Closed Loop Stimulation – facilitates the device to react suitably to acute mental stress and physiologic demands;
- MRI AutoDetect – curtails window of decreased therapy and removes the requirement for post-MRI reprogramming;
- Ultra-High Energy CRT defibrillator – offers energy equal to 42J to fulfill patient requirements on first and each shock;
- The slimmest leads permitted for use in MR conditional CRT devices, including Sentus ProMRI QP;
- CRT-DX system – enables complete CRT-D therapy with just 2 leads;
- BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® – device data is automatically transmitted on a daily basis; validated to decrease mortality by 50% in heart failure patients.